Poached Eggs with Yogurt and Spicy Butter
Çilbir — Turkish Poached Eggs in our homemade delicious Yogurt & Sour Cream. They say you eat with your eyes first… are your eyes dancing yet? Believe us, this tastes every bit as good as it looks! Dense garlicky yogurt swirled into spiced butter and a rich poached egg. Yummy! This dish has such incredible flavor, colors so rich it looks like it was pulled from the morning sunrise, and it’s so quick and easy to make.
Order online and get 10% discount for Plain Yogurt, Sour Cream and Plain Butter.
Use 10% off promo code: milkuprecipe
Special offer is available until July 16.
Preparation time: 20 min
- Using a mortar and pestle mash the garlic and salt together.
- Scoop the garlic paste into a bowl and stir in the yogurt and tahini.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the paprika, turmeric, cayenne, and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine and once the butter sizzles, remove from heat. Pour through a fine- meshed sieve into a bowl. Keep the butter in a warm place.
- To poach the eggs, fill a deep saucepan with water and the vinegar. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into separate bowls. Once the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat. Using a spoon, swirl the water in one direction creating a whirlpool effect. Holding the bowl containing one of the eggs just above the surface of the water, carefully slide the egg into the center of the whirlpool. Do this again with the second egg. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3 min. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to gently lift the eggs out of the water. Gently transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Brush the toast with olive oil and toast in a pan until golden brown.
- To serve, spoon some of the spiced butter onto two plates. Scoop the yogurt on top of the butter and then gently place the eggs on top. Drizzle the remaining butter over the top and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with toast and enjoy!