Svekolnik - delicious cold beetroot soup!
Are you in the mood for something new and healthy? We would like to share with you our favorite recipe for this real deal! Svekolnik is the simplest, healthiest and most refreshing type of soup. It’s made from beetroot, which turns the soup an unusual raspberry color. It’s often called a summer soup because its main ingredients are grown in the garden during summer (beetroot, cucumber, and greens). You would be suprised how amazing it tastes!
- Wash the beets and boil them until soft. Boil the eggs.
- While the rest of the ingredients simmer, finely dice the cucumbers and fresh herbs.
- Clean, peel, and grate the beets.
- Peel and dice into small cubes two of eggs. The third egg will be used to garnish the dish.
- Add kefir, which will make the soup sour. If the consistency is too thick or it doesn’t cover all the ingredients, you can add boiled water. Mix all the ingredients together and add salt.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 min before serving. Once the soup is ready, pour it into bowls and add the finely chopped greens (dill, spring onions, and parsley). Before serving, add half a boiled egg or a dollop of sour cream.