This healthy broccoli soup recipe is full of flavour with added miso, garlic, ginger, basil and cooled Coconut Yogurt. And it’s suitable for vegans too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 onion, sliced
* 3 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp of ginger, minced
* 1 head of broccoli ~350g, florets separated and stalk thinly sliced
* 1.2L of water, boiled
* 2 tbsp of miso paste
* 200 grams of edamame beans
* 25 g of basil leaves
* Juice of 1 lime
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Sesame seeds
* A drizzle of sesame oil
* Lime juice
- In a large saucepan or crock pot heat the oil over a medium heat. Add in the sliced onion and saute for 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Then add in the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli stalks (not the florets) and saute for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften slightly.
- Pour in the boiled water and stir in the miso paste until it fully dissolves. Bring the water to a gentle simmer.
- To the saucepan add the broccoli florets and allow to cook for 3 minutes. Then add the edamame beans and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, turn off the heat and stir in the basil leaves.
- Using either a hand blender or a stand-alone blender, blend the soup until smooth. Add the juice of the lime then taste and season with salt and pepper as required.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with Coconut Yogurt and other desired toppings.
Size: 330 ml