This pear cheesecake is fall decadence at its finest: a graham cracker crust base and cheesecake filling topped with poached pears and a bourbon butterscotch sauce.
📣 GET 15% OFF Plain Cream Cheese until October 16
Prep Time: 4 hrs
Cook Time: 32 min
FOR THE BOURBON BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE:
- 100g MilkUp! Butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 1/2 cup MilkUp! Cream 30%
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bourbon
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 85g MilkUp! Butter, at room temp
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
FOR THE POACHED PEARS:
- 1 L clean water
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 pears
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 250g MilkUp! Plain Cream Cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup MilkUp! Cream 30%, whipped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. In a small pot, combine all of the bourbon butterscotch sauce ingredients, and cook over medium-low heat. Once the brown sugar has dissolved, continue cooking the sauce for about 15 more min, stirring frequently, until it coats the back of a spatula and has thickened and reduced. Allow to cool to room temperature before using. This sauce will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
2. Peel, halve, and core your pears. Be sure to use firm, slightly unripe pears so they don’t become too soft during the poaching process. In a large pot, combine the water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer/low boil, and add the pears once the sugar has dissolved. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 min, or until the pears are tender. Remove from the heat and allow the pears to cool in their juice.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter for the graham cracker crust until smooth. Add the brown sugar and honey, and continue beating until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients for the crust and beat until it pulls away from the sides and clumps into a single ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 days
4. On a lightly floured surface, work the dough for the crust with your hands until malleable. Roll the dough out on a piece of plastic wrap until it’s slightly larger than your pan. Gently flip the dough into the pan and press it into the bottom and sides. Trim away any excess. Generously prick the bottom, and bake at 180C for 10-12 min, or until golden brown.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the whipped cream, and gently fold in using a spatula. Add the ground cinnamon, and fold until just combined. Spread the cheesecake filling into your cooled graham cracker crust and top with your poached pears. Allow to set in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
6. Top with the bourbon butterscotch sauce. You can also add some chopped almonds for a little extra crunch.